Many area events take place each year that showcase the unique flavor of the Delaware Valley in the Philadelphia suburbs. Cultural events such as the Chinese New Year celebrated in Chinatown, Philadelphia in January, traditional events such as the Radnor Races in Chester County every May, and just plain fun events, like the Blobfest in Phoenixville, offer an opportunity to learn about area culture, history, and have a fun-time. We really enjoy the challenge of photographing these events, as we usually are capturing fast-moving objects or people, and most of these events attract large crowds, making many shots difficult to get.
- January – Chinese New Year in Philadelphia
- March – Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC
- May – Chester County Car Show
- June – Chester County Balloon Festival
- June – Wooden Canoe Heritage Assembly
- August – Philadelphia Folk Festival